I love fishing...I've loved it since I was a kid!
I have been a USCG licensed guide on these waters for 21 years, and I'm proud to say that many of the best guides & "local legends" have helped me learn the lakes and offered insights on caring for guests while guiding.
I operate out of Kabetogama, and can pick you up at any of the resorts (Kab or Ash River), a Houseboat, or at either Visitor Center.
Why use us? Because we do more than catch fish...my goal is that you catch fish after fishing with us. I want to teach you why, and where to find walleye, trophy northern pike, action packed smallmouth, or maybe crappies migrate through seasonal patterns. Come join me on the water!
Thanks, Wade Watson "Kab Kid"
Questions commonly asked...
1. Can I go back to the resort during our trip?
* YES, the day is yours...if you want to trade people or someone would like to only fish part of the day, remember it is your trip. I am happy to design a day of fishing or a boat tour to fit your vacation.
2. We have more than 4 people and want a guided fishing trip, what can we do?
* I commonly work with my uncle Tim Watson of Kab Angling Adventures, or Frank House (2 of the best guides on our lakes) with enough advanced notice we can likely fish with more than one guide to accomidate your needs. Corporate groups, we can line up guides for your trip to Kabetogama. Also, think about a "Follow Boat" which is where you bring your own private boat, several people will be with me and the others in the private boat.
3. I don't fish very often is that a problem?
* NO, I'm happy to provide equipment, knowledge of the area, and how to catch fish to ensure a fun day on the water!
4. Can you pick us up at the Visitor Center, Houseboat, Campsite, or Private Cabin?
* YES, we will meet you at any of those and often use the Ash River or Kabetogama Visitor Centers to pick people up at. I'm happy to meet at any resort, houseboat site, campsite...if it's on these waters, I can find it and we can start and end your trip from there. (*remember gas and bait is extra fee, so with further distances price will increase)